Thursday 21 May 2009

Chunky Bangle Pattern

So, I needed a space for my crochet patterns and I thought hey, why not try out this blogging malarkey, and here I am.
I'll start with something relatively simple. This pattern was originally going to be a submission for the CLF 3rd book but I sort of missed the deadline. Nevermind, here it is in all it's glory and for free too!

I like these bangles, they're comfy and they don't make a loud racket when you move your arms!
















I used Rowan Cotton Rope (Aran weight) but any aran weight would do. Gauge is not important, just make sure the starting chain can fit around your wrist!

I used a 4.5mm hook, smaller than stated on the yarn, just to make the gauge tight so the bangle has more structure.


Oh and just to make things more complicated I write in UK terms!
Abbreviations:

ch: chain

dc: double crochet

sl st: slip stitch

blo: back loop only

ws: wrong side

sts: stitches



Ch 35, sl st into 1st chain to join (careful not to twist the chain!)

Row 1: Ch 1, dc in one leg of each foundation ch around. Sl st into 1st dc to join

Row 2: Work all sts in blo. Ch 1, dc in each dc around. Sl st to 1st dc to join

Rows 3 & 4: Repeat row 2

To finish, fold in half with ws facing to form bangle shape. Sl st around, joining blo of Row 4 to one leg of foundation ch. end off.


For the black and red bangle I alternated the colours each row, for the red and yellow I changed colour for rows 2&3 then back to the original colour for row 4


Happy bangling!

Photobucket



















6 comments:

  1. Hello & congrats - on CPC already!
    Lovely patterns.
    Look forward to seeing more of your 'experiments' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea... these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're fabulous! So clever. Thanks for "giving" us the pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!I'm definitely going to make some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your design i'll try these...so perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the pattern I'm going to try this tonight but what do you mean by the leg foundation I think it would be like dc in the next chain...idk I'll figure it out but thanks for the pattern I cant wait to start working on it

    ReplyDelete