I quickly made this last night, so here is my free crochet poppy pattern. Please, if you make a poppy, make sure you also make a donation to the poppy appeal - thats all I ask!
You will need:
DK weight yarn
3.5mm crochet hook.
Needle and thread
Gauge is not really important.
The pattern: (all crochet terms are UK)
Ch4, sl st to form ring.
1. Ch 3, dtr into loop 7 times, 1 tr into loop, turn
2. Ch 2, tr in each st across, htr in last st, turn.
3. Sk 1st st. Sl st in next st, htr in next 2 sts, 2htr in next st, htr in next 2 sts, sl st in next st. End off.
Rejoin yarn to centre ch 4.
1. Ch 3, dtr into loop 9 times, 1 tr into loop, turn
2. Ch 2, *1 tr in next st. 2 tr in next st, repeat from * In last st make 1tr and 1 htr. turn
3. SK next st. Sl st in next st *htr in next 2 sts, 2htr in next st. Repeat from* When 2 sts remain, dc in next st, sl st in next st. End off.
Weave in ends and sew button to centre.